Sunday 28 June 2009

Morning Service: Words during Worship

David D_: was inspired to sing in the Spirit.
Beverley: I will exalt you, my God the King; great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; from one generation to another - I shall meditate on your works and proclaim your great deeds; you are rich in love, good to all and abounding in compassion. The Saints will extol you so that all may know of your glorious acts - your Word shall endure through all generations.
Carol M_: (Carol read from Isaiah 43.19-21)
For I am about to do something new.
See I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
The wild animals in the field will thank me,
the jackals and owls too,
for giving them water in the desert.
Yes, I will make rivers in the dry wasteland
So my chosen people can be refreshed.
I have made Israel for myself,
and they will honour me before the whole world.
I felt that God was saying:
‘Many of you may say I have been this way before, this is familiar. But I say to you, do not say I have been this way before because I have started something new in this church and I want to start something new in each one of you.
Its not something you can perceive or truly understand in the natural but only by my spirit, for does it not say in my word ‘this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the spirit’ (1 Corinths2 V13), so I say to you now is the time to allow my spirit to take you deeper and you will see new things and I will take you along new paths.
Do you remember the word I gave you through Mark at the start of the year, that I was giving you a roadmap and that you were to trust me in the direction I wanted to take you in. Well, that is what I say to you now, trust me, allow me to navigate you, expect to see new things as you go in a direction you have not been before. Enjoy the detours, explore new depths in me.
And I will make streams in the desert so that you my people can be refreshed, and so that my name goes out from this place and touches those around you. Streams of living water will flow from each one of you and you will be my channels in which to reach the hurting, the broken, the lost, the rejected, the despised. So drink and drink and drink so that you can be refreshed.’

Lorraine G_: In the front of a British passport it reads, 'Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State Requests and requires in the Name of Her Majesty all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary.' I expect that to happen - I never go anywhere without expecting that to happen. What does God say? He says He is with us! Trust in His Word and in His Spirit to be with you every step.

Joseph: Earlier on I felt strongly God saying yes, His power is full of grace, He is ready to reveal His sovereignty - we need to play our part - there are all kinds of negative messages in the media; God asks us 'whose voice are you listening to?' David chose to listen to God's voice; Samuel chose to listen to God's voice; Daniel chose to listen to God's voice; Elijah chose to listen to God's voice - all these were able to overcome. Whose voice are you listening to?

Simon B_: (Simon read from Genesis 15:1-6)
After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision:
"Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward. "
But Abram said, "O Sovereign LORD, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?" And Abram said, "You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir."
Then the word of the LORD came to him: "This man will not be your heir, but a son coming from your own body will be your heir." He took him outside and said, "Look up at the heavens and count the stars—if indeed you can count them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."
Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.
Looking at Iran, seeing the changes - how do you look at the world around you? Are you looking with your own vision, or wearing 'lenses' God puts in front of you to see clearly? Abraham's righteousness depended upon believing God's word - we have to accept the righteousness of Jesus Christ and live in it to know the fruit of that obedience.

Dan R_: Dan spoke about his experience of the Holy Spirit - this is recorded in full in a separate blog post.

No comments: