Sunday 28 June 2009

Evening Prayer Meeting

Yvette: Some here may feel that giving everything up to God, surrendering to God, is like leaving your home open to burglars - scary/dangerous - I feel God would say to you He comes with love; you are opening yourself up to someone who wants to bless you, to love you. I feel he is asking you: 'Let me in because I want to give you the desires of your heart - I want to lift your burdens - I want to give you joy and peace.' Yvette invited us to surrender to the Holy Spirit, to let Him in.

Ross G_: I had a picture: it's Christmas Eve - you're peeping round the door into the room where the presents are - you feel really naughty, but God is saying "No, it's not naughty - come and see". You go in and look at all the presents round the tree and look to see which one is for you - and you feel REALLY naughty now, but God is saying, "No, it's not naughty - that is a gift for you" and He wants you to open it right now, not tentatively, but ripping the wrappings off - He wants you to receive your gift right now!

Sally: When Moses was told to speak to Pharaoh, he had doubts about his ability. I feel someone here is feeling a bit afraid. I think God wants to reassure you - He is not going to give us something which is bad for us - He's going to give us something that will advance His Kingdom. Trust God and what we know about Him through Jesus - let go! Take that step of moving into the fulfillment of all that God has for you.

No comments: