Sunday 12 October 2008

Continued 1

Thursday, 16 August 2007

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me by still waters...

Well, I haven't been able to blog on here as the net has been down. It's 5am and I can't sleep as it is so hot. We have air con, but it's still too hot to sleep!

I have been looking at the Psalm 23 and I have asked God to show me a different perspective on this. When we look at the verse above (made the title of this blog) we have an image of sheep and David having a rest after a long hot day perhaps.I view these green pastures as a place of nourishment for the sheep. I see it as a metaphor for a place of nourishment for us.

The important part of the verse here, is that it reads that God leads us to the place of nourishment. It is God who provides and leads us to spiritual nourishment. As our parent (and shepherd) God knows our need and when we have a need and what will quench that need.Sheep need water and grass to exist and we need spiritual nourishment to exist.

I find that even non-Christians have a desire to seek spiritual nourishment, even though it is perhaps not with Jesus.I'm not suggesting the non Christian way is a good way or the best way, but even if we reject Christ, we, as humans, are spiritual beings desiring to seek spiritual fulfillment in some way.

Note: God leads us to good spiritual nourishment, he shows us the way to it - we can desire to accept it, or not.

What is your spiritual fulfillment?

It may not be rest as David who wrote the Psalms found it. It's different for everyone. For me? Just being alone with Jesus, just me and him, that feeds me.God knows each one of our spiritual thirsts, God knows our exact need. Ask him for it and you'll be satisfied.

No comments: