Sunday 12 October 2008

Continued 9

Antonia had visited Malawi that year too and they were contacted and prayed for Antonia.

In the Winter, Antonia had been to Sweden and everyone in Sweden were praying for Antonia’s quick recovery.

Infact, there were many prayers on there way to God and boy! Did God answer us?!

I saw Antonia heal before my very eyes!

It took one day for Antonia’s face to stop sagging and move. It took 7 days for most of the bruising and swelling to go. On the 8th day, Antonia was able to fly home with me and George. There was a young Cypriot boy who we randomly met and he offered to pay for a taxi to take us direct to the airport.

All three of us sat on the pavement outside the hospital in Cyprus and I held my daughters in my arms.

It was midnight and the lamp was flickering outside near the the road. The crickets were cricketing and I put a song on my Mp3, it was strange that the shuffle had played this song:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s96NZoeDs68&feature=related

We all had a tear in our eyes as we sat in complete silence, listening to the words and I said to God in my mind, why God? Why? My only love, my beautiful daughters. Everything else has been taken from me, and I have suffered tremendous suffering.

God reminding me of the words he gave me the previous day, Jesus is with you, he feels what you feel…

I also realized how God must have felt seeing his only son being battered and killed. At least my daughter had life. I know Jesus came back to life, but my daughter didn’t even die!

I squeezed my girls tight and said to God, ‘Now, stop testing my faith, I love you and will never turn away.’

Before long the taxi was there and we got to the airport safely, all paid for!

No comments: