Sunday 12 October 2008

Continued 8

I was holding Antonia’s hand in the emergency room and she was slipping in and out of consciousness. I felt that God had taught me in the past to let go of everything and to let his will be done even if it’s not what I want.

I felt this was such a test for me, very much like when God told Abraham to sacrifice Issac to test his obedience. I said to God, ‘Your will be done Lord, even if it’s not what I want. I want her to live but your will is more important than mine and if you are ready to take her Lord than I am willing.’

When Antonia was conscious I prayed healing over her and said God’s power was in Peter’s shadow so his power can heal you now and then when Antonia was unconscious I said to God, ‘Your will be done.’

I went to The india shop were Antria and Giorgos were, the Cypriot family we had met in the week and they visited Antonia everyday, brought us food and water and washed our clothes. Georgina stayed with Antria during the night as she wasn’t allowed to stay at the hospital and I stayed with Antonia and nursed her better.

We called our church and asked for prayer. They held a Friday night prayer vigil where everyone asked God to heal Antonia.

Antonia had looked like she had had a stroke. The left side of her face was sagging and she couldn’t move it. The bleeding in her sinuses were a worry too and not to mention the emotional pain she was going through.

I popped over to the hotel for 2 hours in the day just to get a break. On one of the days I visited the hotel I walked into the pool area and everyone stopped doing what they were doing and applauded me.

I have no idea why, God and Antonia needed the applause I did nothing beyond my call of duty.

I did what most mothers would do, love their child.

About 200 people stared at me and I didn’t really know where to look.

‘This is for you.’ They said.

They had gone round and collected money that the girls’ birthdays wouldn’t be so bad. It was there birthday while all this had happened.

Then they played a song:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2YOGfBFAbs

I cried.

It was funny how Ali [from Sweden] had prayed the protection prayer over us and Abba are from Sweden…How funny : O)

Well, I sat down and sobbed and sobbed.

No comments: