Sunday 12 October 2008

Continued 6

I will fear no evil...

Still not totally sure why God has given this me to study but I’ll go with it for now.

The girls have made friends with a Manchester couple with teenagers, Jane and Mike. The girls knew Mike because he is the famous male nurse in Alderhay’s children’s hospital. When my girls were growing up, they watched him on the BBC. They seem really nice people and maybe I’ll get to know them sometime too.

Anyway, back to scripture:

I am reminded of Acts 5:15 Where people placed their sick ones in Peter's shadow, such was the power of God upon and in Peter that even his shadow was used by God!

When we are under the protection of a God such as this, we have no need to fear evil. We musn't fear evil in man either:

Proverbs 29:25Fear of man will prove to be a snare but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.

I wrote a prayer in one of the most darkest periods of my life, I want to share it with you:


The darkness does not have the upper hand,So, I will not avenge the darkness.
Instead, the vengeance belongs to The Lord.
I have learnt that my vengeance is angry, is cruel, is selfish,
God's vengeance is righteous and pure.
I want to bring hurt and pain,
But God wants to cleanse from sin and bring peace.
My vengeance is dark - darkness cannot fight darkness, for they are on the same side,
God's vengeance brings light to darkness,
The darkness is powerless and has no where to hide,
Darkness is defeated by God's light.
I will trust in God's light, I have a new life now and I will see it as exciting.
Lord Jesus, sometimes I feel that the darkness has the upper hand, Sometimes I feel it's strong pull,
Sometimes I feel it calling me,"Christina, Christina, look over here, look at the things you have lost. There is no hope for the future, you have too many ties to the past."
I ask you Jesus, quell that dark voice, Deafen me to it's call,
Replace the anxiety it brings with peace.
I will remind the darkness that the blood of Jesus prevails over it.
I will remind the darkness that neither money nor possessions have any hold over me.
The truth is, I have no ties to the past,
For the past has been broken by the blood of Jesus.
I have no need to feel anxious,
I have hope in God, In Jesus, my Lord.
My future is set before me,
My Jesus leads me,
I will not stumble,
Though the ground may give way or the storms may gust.
My Lord Jesus upholds me and gives me strength.
I have lost nothing, but I have gained all I need.
But, the ground will not always give way and the storms will not always gust,Therefore I do have hope for my future,
There is always hope found in Jesus.
Amen

No comments: